Conversations with civic innovators in Philadelphia
Parallax is a podcast dedicated to understanding and growing a culture of civic innovation in Philly. They speak with leaders across various sectors, disciplines, and communities in Philadelphia, taking on some of the city’s most pressing economic, social, and environmental challenges. These conversations seek to increase knowledge exchange & empower residents to become actively involved in a community-driven approach to innovation.
Hosted by the incomparable Liz Brown, they continue to drop new episodes, including topics addressing the COVID-19 crisis. Recent guests:
- Brian Murray, Principal of SHIFT Capital
- Marri Porter, Mayor’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy & Strategic Initiatives
- Bruce Katz, Author of The New Localism and The Metropolitan Revolution.
Click the button below or search for “Parallax Collab” in your podcast player.
* Parallax is supported in part by an ExCITe 2019 Seed Award for Civic Engagement.
(Socially) Distant Creations
- Love from Philly [Inquirer] An online music festival and fundraiser featuring Philadelphia artists, was last weekend. Full videos are still available from Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2.
- Home is Where the Art Is [Citizen] Fresh Artists’ (Philadelphia-based nonprofit) project to spark creativity for students stuck at home.
- The Zoom Where It Happens [Broadway Cast of Hamilton] From a few weeks ago, but like many, I’m a huge fan of Hamilton. Perhaps the best commentary/parody on the age of working remotely.
What I’m creating
Donald Kennedy, eighth President of Stanford, recently passed away from COVID-19. In remembrance of him and his support of Stanford and Fleet Street (the a cappella group I sang with), I created this tribute performance of the Stanford Hymn (with virtual contributions from 60+ former and current members).